Batch DVD Streams Converter
Batch DVD Streams Converter is a free, open-source software to convert all popular media formats to DVD streams - M2V, AC3, WAV for the next DVD Authoring with included MuxMan DVD Authoring Tool, or with any other DVD Authoring software, such as DVD Lab Pro, or GUI for dvdauthor, etc. Batch DVD Streams Converter supports these conversion:
AVI to M2V, VOB to M2V, MPEG to M2V, MPG to M2V, MPV to M2V, M1V to M2V,M2V to M2V, MP4 to M2V, M4V to M2V, MOV to M2V, HDMOV to M2V, OGG to M2V, OGM to M2V, MKV to M2V, MJPEG to M2V, MJ2 to M2V, FLV to M2V, SWF to M2V, VCD to M2V, DAT to M2V, ASF to M2V, WMV to M2V, 3GP to M2V, 3GPP to M2V, 3G2 to M2V, DV to M2V, RM to M2V, RMV to M2V, RMVB to M2V, VC1 to M2V, MTV to M2V, AVS to M2V, FLI to M2V, FLC to M2V, FLX to M2V, FLIC to M2V, GIF to M2V, H.261 to M2V, H.263 to M2V, H.264 to M2V, NSV to M2V, NULL to M2V, NUP to M2V, PSP to M2V, PSX to M2V, SMK to M2V, BMP to M2V, JPG to M2V, JPEG to M2V for video streams and
AVI to AC3, VOB to AC3, MPG to AC3, MPEG to AC3, MPA to AC3, MP1 to AC3, MP2 to AC3, MP3 to AC3, MP4 to AC3, M4A to AC3, MOV to AC3, HDMOV to AC3, OGG to AC3, OGM to AC3, MKV to AC3, FLV to AC3, SWF to AC3, VCD to AC3, DAT to AC3, ASF to AC3, WMV to AC3, 3GP to AC3, RM to AC3, RAM to AC3, RA to AC3, RMV to AC3, RMVB to AC3, AAC to AC3, AC3 to AC3, DTS to AC3, AIFF to AC3, ALAW to AC3, AMR to AC3, AU to AC3, FLAC to AC3, VOC to AC3, PCM to AC3, WAV to AC3, WV to AC3, WMA to AC3, MTV to AC3, AVS to AC3, DAUD to AC3, MMF to AC3, PSP to AC3, TTA to AC3, WSAUD to AC3 for audio streams in AC3 format and
AVI to WAV, VOB to WAV, MPG to WAV, MPEG to WAV, MPA to WAV, MP1 to WAV, MP2 to WAV, MP3 to WAV, MP4 to WAV, M4A to WAV, MOV to WAV, HDMOV to WAV, OGG to WAV, OGM to WAV, MKV to WAV, FLV to WAV, SWF to WAV, VCD to WAV, DAT to WAV, ASF to WAV, WMV to WAV, 3GP to WAV, RM to WAV, RAM to WAV, RA to WAV, RMV to WAV, RMVB to WAV, AAC to WAV, AC3 to WAV, AIFF to WAV, ALAW to WAV, AMR to WAV, AU to WAV, FLAC to WAV, VOC to WAV, PCM to WAV, WAV to WAV, WV to WAV, WMA to WAV, MTV to WAV, AVS to WAV, DAUD to WAV, MMF to WAV, PSP to WAV, TTA to WAV, WSAUD to WAV for audio streams in WAV format.
Also program works with 4XM, ROQ, APC, C93, DIRAC, DXA, EA, FFM, GXF, MXF, SHN, SOL, THP, TXD, VMD, VQA media formats.
Batch DVD Streams Converter use:
FFMPEG for audio/video conversion and AC3 streams copying (extracting) from non-mpeg containers
DGMPGDEC (DGINDEX) for M1V, M2V video streams copying (demuxing) and MPA, AC3, DTS, WAV (PCM) streams demuxing from MPEG containers. DGINDEX used for delay detection in audio streams also
AVIMux GUI for audio delay detection in AVI containers
DGPulldown for 3:2 pulldown process executing for converted and copied (demuxed) M2V video streams in NTSC Film format (23,976 fps, 24 fps)
Additional tools in main menu:
Join VOB Files Tool to combine VOB files for the next conversion/demuxing/copying
MuxMan DVD Authoring powerful, small, simple free tool to author your DVD
System requirements: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003.
Download Batch DVD Streams Converter, ver. 1.0 (4,83 MB, ZIP)
Download Batch DVD Streams Converter Source Code, ver. 1.0 (94 KB, ZIP)
To compile Batch DVD Streams Converter you need Delphi 7 or higher versions, plus the main program ZIP archive above.
Main program window:
2. Select an output folder using "Change" button where will be saved resulting audio/video streams. By default, if the "D:\Video\" path does not exists, the output folder will be the application path with "BatchDVDStreamsConverter.exe" file. Program will show how many megabytes are free on hard drive
3. Select a media file you want to convert or copy audio/video streams using "Add File" button
4. Wait until the media file is loading - "Loading..." is the caption of "Add File" button during analyzing of file. If everything is OK, information about audio/video streams will appear on "Audio Streams:" and "Video Streams:" panels, the source media file will be shown on the "Video & Audio Files:" panel with the full path to it.
5. If you have selected the media file with non-english letters in a file's name or in the path to it, program will not accept this file and show warning message about this error
6. For AVI files AVIMUX_GUI could show error message - "No video source chosen!", to avoid this error, please select in menu "Preferences - Media Scan Time - 3 sec (5 sec) ... etc" to exclude this error.
7. To remove unnecessary media file use "Remove" button, accepting warning message about media file removing attempt
8. Check/uncheck audio/video streams you want to process. All settings will be ignored for unchecked audio/video streams
9. Adjustment of settings. Audio/video settings panels are shown at next image
10. Main menu
Note: by default, 3:2 pulldown process executes with BFF settings, cause conversion for 23,976 fps and 24 fps sources set for BFF mode, and the difference could be if you copy compatible non-pulldowned MPEG-2 TFF video stream, which will be pulldowned after copying as BFF - it is better to skip pulldown, and then made it manually. To learn, what mode in your MPEG stream, open "DGINDEX" folder, execute "DGIndex.exe" application, press F5 button - "Information" window will show at "Field Order" Bottom for BFF, and Top for TFF. Use 3:2 pulldown skipping, if this value is "Top", and don't forget to execute manual 3:2 pulldown, using DGPulldown application, selecting in it 23,976 to 29.97 fps or 24 to 29,97 fps as input frame rate. Input frame rate will show DGIndex at "Frame Rate" section.
If the value is "Bottom", do nothing.
To learn more, read Join VOB Files Tool Help.
11. Running conversion
After all setting will be done, simply press "Run" button and the processing mode of program will be activated, showing the necessary information about currently processing media file, video pass, progress percentage, active mode - "Conversion" or "Copying"
When processing will be finished, all settings and stream listing panels become enabled. Pressing "Minimize to tray" button program will be invisible and program icon will be shown on the task bar.
12. Thanks to:
Fabrice Bellard as the author of FFMPEG engine
Donald A. Graft ('neuron2') as the developer of the DGMPGDEC (DGINDEX) and DGPulldown
Alexander Noe as the author of the AVIMUX_GUI
'Jetlag', and 'timecop' as the authors of the DGPulldown
'MPUCoder' for MuxMan DVD Authoring Tool
To contact to the author of this tool, please send e-mail: