Need to join multiples cells into one with delimiter? – Use JoinCellsTool User’s Function
Do you need join multiple cells into single one with user defined delimiter? As an additional option you need to insert some constant text, such as search query URL, etc.? It is very easy with JoinCellsTool User’s Function. This simple VBA function use user’s selected cells range, user defined delimiter char or any word and works fine with UTF-8 encoding, i.e. supports all languages.
Keywords: excel merge cells with data, excel merge cells with text, excel merge cells vertically, excel concatenate multiple strings, excel concatenate strings with delimiter.
How to work with JoinCellsTool function?
1. Download ZIP Archive with JoinCellsToolModule.bas VBA module from Gumroad service. It’s free, but any donation (price more than $1 is appreciated). Extract JoinCellsTool.zip to your Hard drive. MD5 Checksum: 34549555FB96F91D1E5D1C9330D42471
2. Open your Excel Worksheet file, save to another copy with XLSM extensions (Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook).
3. Press “ALT+F11”, then import “JoinCellsToolModule.bas” from File - > Import File (CTRL+M), as shown
4. Close “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” Window.
5. Save your new Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook again.
6. Now, to join (merge) Excel multiple cells into single one without CONCATENATE function, please enter the formula as shown below, for example “=JoinCellsTool(A1:A5)”.
7. JoinCellsTool function joins (merge) constant initial text, URL in our example, with cells data in “A1:A5” range with “,” delimiter. User can change multiple cells range with data, constant initial text into another one, changing “JoinCellsStartText” variable. Text joining delimiter could be changed also in “JoinCellDelimiter” variable. These both variables are in “JoinCellsToolModule” in our “JoinCellsTool.xlsm” example file.
If you need to use Non-ANSI Encoding “JoinCellsStartText” variable value, please make JoinCellsStartText = “”, and simply concatenate in Excel worksheet UTF-8 Encoded initial text with JoinCellsTool finction result.
8. Have more questions? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Please share link to this page in your social networks.